Hon. Adeola Muhydeen Jokomba was a two-term Executive Chairman of Ikorodu North Local Council Development Area. He was the Vice Chairman, Conference 57 Lagos State, an association of Council Chairmen in Lagos State. He is vying to represent the people of Ikorodu Constituency in the Lagos State House of Assembly based on his track records while he was at the helm of affairs as a chairman.
A popular political figure who had served in several capacities and now offering his wealth of experience for the service of his people as their representative on the platform of the ruling party, All Progressives Congress (APC).
Profile of Jokomba Muhyideen Adeola Akanni
DATE OF BIRTH: 17th April, 1964
My view of service is contributing to humanity and helping to shape the society and to this end, my antecedent is a testimony of my commitment to progressive calling, so also is my consistent record in public service where I have been able to show pragmatism in the delivery of services to my people. My sheer values are my readiness to serve with integrity, unique sense of humility, desire for development, passion to promote peace and unity and abundance love and care for people, coupled with my practical and feasible Representation.
Lagos State University (LASU) -Masters in Social Work (in View)
Lagos State University (LASU) -PGD in Social Work
GREENWISH UNIVERSITY -MSc. IN CLINICAL PSYCHOLOGY
KINGS COLLEGE UNIVERSITY -ADVANCE ASSESSMENT SKILLS CERTIFICATE
THAMES VALLEY UNIVERSITY, -BCS (HONS) HEALTH & SOCIAL CARE (MENTAL HEALTH)
CITY UNIVERSITY, LONDON -PRACTICES ASSESSOR & MONITOR CERTIFICATE
SOUTH BANK UNIVERSITY,LONDON -H/E DIPLOMA IN ADULT NURSING (RN)
LAGOS STATE COLLEGE OF ART&SCIENCE -DIPLOMA IN BUSINESS ACCOUNTING
OCTOBER 2014 TILL DATE -ESTATE MANAGER, JKMANIA NIG. LTD., LAGOS.
OCTOBER 2008 – OCT 2014 -EXECUTIVE CHAIRMAN (IKORODU NORTH LOCAL COUNCIL DEVELOPMENT AREA)
APRIL 2006 – JAN 2008 -LEAD NURSE/ LECTURER PRACTITIONER
(REFUGEE & HOMELESS HEALTH TEAM LAMBERT PCT, LONDON)
MAY 2004 – MAR 2006 -TEAM LEADER, ADULT IN NEED/DISTRICT, NURSING TEAM, LONDON BOROUGH OF NEWHAM
MAY 2003 – APRIL 2004 -SENIOR PRACTITIONER, (CHILDREN IN NEED TEAM,LONDON BOROUGH OF NEWHAM) Working with parents with mental health support/ needs
APRIL 2002 – APRIL 2003 -STAFF NURSE, (WHIPPS COSS HOSPITAL, LONDON E11)
SEPT 1985 – JULY 1993 -SENIOR ACCOUNTING OFFICER, (LAGOS STATE SCHOOL MANAGEMENT BOARD, IKEJA, LAGOS – STATE)
MEMBER -BRITISH NURSING & MIDWIFE COUNCIL
REGISTERED MEMBER -THE GENERAL SOCIAL CARE COUNCIL (GSCC)
MOST RECENT AWARD -GOOD AMBASSADOR OF THE PEOPLE OF IKORODU NORTH LOCAL COUNCIL DEVELOPMENT AREA
I had, as the Chairman of Ikorodu North Local Council Development Area, given a practical and responsive account of myself to my people.
The following are some of the capital projects executed by during my administration from 2008 to 2014, which have impacted positively on the lives of the people of Ikorodu North Local Council Development Area and Lagos State.
- COMPLETED THE CONSTRUCTION OF BLOCK OF SIX (6) CLASSROOMS AT LAMBO LASUNWON COMMUNITY PRIMARY SCHOOL IN WARD E3 (AGBALA).
- COMPLETED THE CONSTRUCTION OF BLOCK OF TWO (2) CLASSROOMSS WITH OFFICE ACCOMODATION AT ANGLICAN PRIMARY SCHOOL, AKAUN IN WARD B3 (ISIU).
- COMPLETION OF THE REHABILITATION & CONSTRUCTION OF BLOCK OF SIX (6) CLASSROOMS AT ANGLICAN PRIMARY SCHOOL, AKAUN IN WARD B3 (ISIU).
- COMPLETION OF THE REHABILITATION OF BLOCK OF THREE (3) CLASSROOMSS AT AFRICAN PRIMARY SCHOOL, AKAUN IN WARD B3 (ISIU).
- COMPLETION OF THE REHABILITATION & CONSTRUCTION OF BLOCK OF FOUR (4) CLASSROOMS & SIX TOILETS AT ST. SAVIOUR ANGLICAN PRIMARY SCHOOL, IGBAGA IN WARD B4 (OLORUNDA).
- 95% COMPLETION OF CONSTRUCTION OF BLOCK OF THREE (3) CLASSROOMS & SIX (6) TOILETS AT ODO- NLA PRIMARY SCHOOL, ODOGUNYAN IN WARD E1 (ODOGUNYAN).
- COMPLETED THE CONSTRUCTION OF BLOCK OF THREE (3) CLASSROOMS & SIX (6) TOILETS AT OMOLAYE COMMUNITY PRIMARY SCHOOL, AGBEDE IN WARD E1 (ODOGUNYAN).
- COMPLETED THE CONSTRUCTION OF BLOCK OF SIX (6) CLASSROOMS & SIX (6) TOILETS AT Z.I PRIMARY SCHOOL, ODOGUNYAN, IN WARD E1 ODOGUNYAN.
- DISTRIBUTION OF OVER FIFTY THOUSAND (50,000) FREE EXERCISE BOOKS TO THE SCHOOLS IN THE LOCAL COUNCIL DEVELOPMENT AREA.
PROVISION OF DRINKABLE WATER :
- CONSTRUCTION OF FIFTEEN (15) MINI WATER STATIONS OF THREE THOUSAND (3000) LITRE CAPACITY OF DRINKABLE WATER
- OJOKORO, AGBALA -WARD E3 AGBALA
- LAMBO LASUNWON COMMUNITY PRY SCH. -WARD E3 ABGALA
- APEKA, AGBALA -WARD E3 AGBALA
- AGUNFOYE COMMUNITY -WARD E3 ISIU
- LEJINA COMMUNITY -WARD B3 ISIU
- LAIODE LAFOSE COMMUNITY -WARD B3 ISIU
- ADAMO COMMUNITY -WARD E4 OLORUNDA
- ANGLICAN PRIMARY SCHOOL -WARD E4 OLORUNDA
- AGBEDE COMMUNITY -WARD E1 ODOGUNYAN
- ODO –NLA PRY SCH -WARD E1 ODOGUNYAN
- OKO JERRY COMMUNITY -WARD E1 ODOGUNYAN
- ITA – OLUWA COMMUNITY -WARD E1 ODOGUNYAN
- ROFO COMMUNITY -WARD E1 ODOGUNYAN
- EBUNWAWA MARKET AGBEDE -WARD E1 ODOGUNYAN
- Z.I PRY SCHOOL -WARD E1 ODOGUNYAN
HEALTH CARE SERVICE :
- CONSTRUCTION OF ABIODUN OGUNLEYE HEALTH POST IN PARAFA – WARD E4, ERIKORODO.
- REHABILITATION OF OLORUNDA PRIMARY HEALTH CENTRE – WARD E4, OLORUNDA.
- CONSTRUCTION OF HEALTH CENTRE ,ISIU – WARD B3 ISIU
- CONSTRUCTION OF LASUNWON HEALTH POST -WARD E3 AGBALA
- OVER 3000 PATIENTS RECEIVED FREE TREATMENT DURING THE MINI HEALTH MISSION FREE HEATH CARE (FREE EYE GLASSES & MEDICAL TREATMENT).
COMMUNITY DEVELOPMENT :
- CONSTRUCTION OF 2NR CUBICLE TOILET WITH BOREHOLE AT EBUNWAWA MARKET, AGBEDE.
- REHABILITATION OF ARAROMI COMMUNITY HALL.
- CONSTRUCTION OF BUS-STOP AT PARAFA.
- CONSTRUCTION OF PUBLIC TOILET AT SABO JUNCTION OF AGBALA.
- PURCHASE OF CAT 140H GRADER FOR GRADING OF ROADS WITHIN MY JURIDICTION.
- SPONSORING OF SPORTING COMPETITION . –
OFFICE ACCOMMODATION / ENVIRONMENT :
- CONSTRUCTION OF A WELL FURNISHED NEW ULTRA MODERN ADMINISTRATIVE BUILDING (BOLA AHMED TINUBU HOUSE).
- PURCHASE OF NINE (9) NEW VEHICLES.
- PURCHASE OF 65KVA GENERATOR FOR THE SECRETARIAT.
- PURCHASE OF CARS FOR POLITICAL OFFICE HOLDERS AND MANAGEMENT STAFF.
- PURCHASE OF FOUR(4) REVENUE BUSES.
POVERTY AND YOUTH EMPOWERMENT :
- POVERTY ALLEVIATION FOR WOMEN TO THE TUNE OF #1.5M ( NON- REFUNDABLE).
- EMPOWERMENT OF OVER 50 YOUTHS TO ENCOURAGE TO BE SELF RELIANT .
- EMPOWERED OVER 50 ARTISANS WITH TOOLS AND EQUIPMENT.
- EMPOWERMENT OF OVER 65 PEOPLE WITH WORKING TOOLS AND EQUIPMENT.
ROAD GRADING & CONSTRUCTION OF CULVERTS :
- GRADING OF SEVERAL ROADS WERE CARE OUT ACROSS ALL COMMUNITIES IN IKORODU NORTH LOCAL COUNCIL DEVELOPMENT AREA.
- OVER 10 1.2 BY 1.2 SINGLE CELL OF CULVERTS LINKING ROADS WERE CONSTRUCTED IN DIFFERENT AREAS TO EASE MOBILITY DURING MY REGIME AS THE CHAIRMAN. SOME ARE LISTED AS FOLLOWS :
- OSHIN – LADEGA AREA STREET, AGBALA -WARD E3 AGBALA.
- AKASOLORI AREA OF AGBALA -WARD E3 AGBALA.
- AMUDALAT JOKOMBA STREET, AGBALA -WARD E3 AGBALA.
- EWEYE/OLD ROAD, ISIU -WARD B3 ISIU.
- ITUN – OLOJA -WARD B3 ISIU.
- EWEYE/OKO AWOROAD, ISIU -WARD B3 ISIU.
- ODUYEBO STREET OFF SHAGAM ROAD -WARD E1 ODOGUNYAN.
- NEPA JUNCTION, ODOGUNYAN -WARD E1 ODOGUNYAN.
- LAMBO LASUNWON 1, -WARD E3 AGBALA.
- LAMBO LASUNWON 2, -WARD E3 AGBALA.
I have been able to do all these within the period when the people of Ikorodu North LCDA gave me their mandate and despite availability of limited fund.
I was able to achieved all these through my commitment, dedication, honour and respect for the mandate of my people which they willingly bestowed on me to serve them as a Chairman. I have no doubt that I will do more if giving the opportunity to serve as your representative between 2019 and 2023 as Ikorodu Constituency I representative in the Lagos State House of Assembly.
JOKOMBA MUHYIDEEN ADEOLA AKANNI