-To be charged to Court Monday
Nigerian dancehall star, Damini Ogulu popularly known as ‘Burna Boy’ on Friday, December 15, 2017, submitted himself to the Lagos State Police Command to state his side of the story over allegations of his involvement in a robbery attack on a fellow artiste, Mr. 2kay.
He was subsequently arrested, interrogated and detained and is expected to be charged to court on Monday alongside four of members of the gang earlier arrested.
Meanwhile, Bavent Street Live, promoters of The Burna Boy Concert Show, scheduled for the 17th December 2017 at the Balmoral Convention centre had on Thursday, December 14, 2017, announced the postponement of the concert due to the allegation.
Commissioner of Police, Mr. Imohimi Edgal, after the interrogation, said the State Police Command has zero tolerance for all forms of crime and would not hesitate to prosecute anyone found culpable in any criminal offence perpetrated in the State.
“There would be no sacred cows. This Command is poised to ensure that every resident can feel safe wherever they are and carry out their businesses without fear or favour. Anyone therefore found to be involved in this case would be made to face the law to clear his or her name or face prosecution,” Imohimi said.
The pop musician, who was declared wanted by the Lagos Police Command in connection with the robbery attack on another popular musician, Mr. 2kay at Eko Hotel and Suites early last month, reported to the Command headquarters in Ikeja at about 5pm.
Tunmise Omotore, gang leader of the suspected robbers, had confessed on how they disguised as room service to rob Mr. 2kay at Eko Hotel and Suites on the instruction of Burba Boy’s Road Manager, Joel Kantiock.
While explaining reason for the cancellation of the concert, Burna Boy promoters in a release on Thursday, described the allegations as unfounded.
“This is solely due to the recent allegations levelled against Burna Boy, which are as of now, unfounded and are yet to be proven. Burna Boy and his management are working assiduously within the ambits and requirements of the law to clear his name in these investigations” the release stated
“He therefore needs time to come back and promises an incredible performance for his fans. For now, he needs the time and space to deal with these allegations, which have arisen at such a crucial and sensitive time when he’s working on his album and his concert” Burna Boy’s promoters pleaded
“We ask that we respect the time he needs during this challenging period.
“The new date for The Burna Boy Show will be communicated in the near future, (all tickets purchased will remain valid, and however you have the option to receive your full refund from the ticketing partners immediately)” it stated.